3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (whey/pea/whey isolate)
3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips to drizzle on top
1) Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with paper
2) Place the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of water and bring the water to a simmer over medium to medium-high heat. (Don't let the water boil, and make sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the mixing bowl.)
3) Stir and heat until the mixture is smoothly combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and turn off the heat.
4) Add the oats, protein powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and salt to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. The mixture will seem very dry at first but will come together as you stir. If the mixture is still fairly warm, pop the bowl into the refrigerator for a few mins cool, then stir in the chocolate chips.
4) Press evenly into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
5) Lift the bars from the pan using the parchment handles and transfer to a cutting board. Slice into bars of desired size and enjoy.