This delicious protein smoothie is a favourite in our house, as it is easy to make, nutritious and really tasty. The oats provide plenty of energy while the whey protein powder makes you feel satisfied and keeps the hunger pangs well away until lunch. The recipe below is a guide and can be varied depending on taste. If you would like extra sweetness, try adding a few raisins.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder or vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (adjust for your taste)
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (skim, whole milk or almond)
- 5 cubes of ice
Add all the ingredients to a nutribullet or blender and mix for about a minute.